Friday, December 07, 2007

Revenge of the Mutant Fish

I watched an interesting movie last night: The Host

It was either the worst movie I’ve seen in a very long time, or a really good B-Grade Sci-Fi movie = I can’t decide.

It was a classic story: toxic chemicals are dumped into the Huan River in Seoul, South Korea, producing a mutant fish/monster that wreaks havoc on the city in revenge.

The acting was probably fairly good in their original language, but the English dubbing is – as it always is – not so good. You see the actor’s lips moving long after the voice has stopped. And I sincerely think the actors who did the dubbing were deliberately trying to be silly.

The best part of the movie was the monster itself. B-Grade monsters have come a long way from the old Godzilla movies, let me tell you! This thing was VERY interesting.

You watch it, and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment