Tuesday, November 13, 2007

It's Begining To Look A Lot Like Christmas

Man, is it ever snowing out there.

It all started Saturday night. By Sunday it was coming down in big huge fluffy flakes. In fact, I read in the papers yesterday that we broke a record for the amount of snowfall in one day: 5".

Today it started aroun 2:00, and by 4:30 (the time I leave work) it was thick & heavey. My windshield wipers could barely keep up with it, and the road ahead of me was lost in all that whiteness.

The really sad part about it all is that I have yet to put my winter tires on! Yes, I'm one of "THOSE PEOPLE" - but at least I am driving sensibly. I haven't gotten stuck, or ran into anybody, or swerved out of control yet. It's really not that difficult if you just drive properly and don't get to hasty.

I will definitely get them put on this weekend: I have a speaking engagement on Sunday out in Eagle River at their Nature Center, which is located about 7 miles up the mountain! My car would never make it with summer tires on.

I also have yet to find a snow-blowing service. With my back out of whack like it is, I really should not be shoveling my driveway (that beautiful thick heavy snow is just that: HEAVY) but as steep as it is I can't afford to leave it there to later turn in to one big sheet of ice.

If anybody can recommend a reliable snow-blower, I'd be most appreciative.

By the way: those of you who are interested can joine me on Sunday, November 18, at 2:00pm at the Eagle River Nature Center for a talk on my Earthwatch Expedition to Mongolia!

No comments:

Post a Comment