Thursday, March 14, 2024

Prepping for a Presentation

I got a phone call from the Palmer Historical Society the other day asking if I would be interested in giving a presentation about all my Earthwatch travels. One of the ladies from the Library group I craft with once a month told them about me. I, of course, am more than happy to talk about Earthwatch and my travels! So, if you have nothing better to do – come see me on April 15 at the Palmer Moose Lodge!

There’s a lot to do to prepare, however. I have made myself a list (of course) to ensure that I get it all done in time. I told Shari (my contact) I’d have a rough draft done by April 1 so she could come see it and give some constructive feedback.

For the presentation itself, I will bring my photo books, a pile of brochures to give away, and perhaps my travel guides for each country I’ve been to.

To Do:

Get PowerPoint loaded onto personal computer
Re-learn how to use it

Write 1 or 2 paragraphs introduction to me
Pick our 2 or 3 photos for advertising purposes

Write intro to ME
Write into to Earthwatch
Write intro to each expedition
    Title/date
    Scientists/volunteers
    Living quarters
    tasks 

Gather all expedition photos into temp folder
Pick out 5-6 photos for each

Create power point presentation
    2 pages – me
    2 pages – Earthwatch
    3 pages – each expedition
    1 page – Iceland 

Expeditions I have been on:
    2006 = 10 days in Costa Rica studying Caterpillars and their 
                Parasites
    2007 = 16 days in Mongolia capturing wild mountain sheep, 
                putting collars and tags on them
    2009 = 16 days in Kenya working with the Medicine Men of the
                Samburu Tribe, documenting their use of medicinal plants
    2012 = 12 days on the Amazon River studying the Pink River 
                Dolphin
    2015 = 12 days on the Canary Islands working an Archeological Dig
    2018 = 10 days in Arizona studying the Forest Owls
    2020 = 12 days in Costa Rica working with the Leatherback Turtles
    2023 = 10 days in Patagonia working with Penguins

1 comment:

  1. Scrappy Heather7:34 AM

    How exciting! April 15th..it's a Monday, correct? Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete