Monday, April 24, 2023

Happy Birthday Stewart

It’s Stewart’s birthday today, so I decided to bring him some flowers. He would have been 63 years old.

I wanted to get one of those gorgeous Star Gazer Lilies or something like that, but the flower shop was closed and Carrs only had yellow ones. I opted for a prettly bouquet of white carnations: simple, pretty, and long lasting.

The cemetery is in rough shape right now. This time of year is always so ugly, with dust and winter debris everywhere. Soon enough it will green up and the city will clean up all the trash – I will go again in July to acknowledge his death.

Hard to believe it’s been 6 years already. There's so much he missed, so many milestones he didn't get to share with us. He didn’t even get to see our new house or know that we’re taking care of Mother. I really do miss him.

Tell me a story about him! How did you first meet him? He’s my older brother, so of course he’s always been there for me, but maybe not for everyone else, eh?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:10 AM

    I never got to meet him but he sounds like a great guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:47 AM

    The words about your talented, good hearted and good humored brother whom I really liked and wished to know more and better, are very nice. Words from the heart seem to always be good. That's a nice picture of him. His life surely was cut too short and way too miserable at the end. He weathered that like he lived his life. WELL. Long lasting carnations are always a good choice!
    -Mike & Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:44 AM

    I remember meeting your brother at a big picnic. So tall and handsome. You introduced me as your friend and that was all he needed to show me every kindness. But most of all I remember how thrilled you were that he set up your blog for you. Each time you write, I think how lucky you are to have had a great older brother like him. He knows you are thinking of him.
    -Shelly

    ReplyDelete