Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Update On My Life Without Plastic

Back in March of 2021, I wrote a post about my attempts to live with less plastic: I think it’s time to update my progress!

The laundrydetergent I’m using is awesome: I love it. It’s very easy to use, cleans my clothes just as well as the “normal” detergent, and uses way less space in my cupboard (and in the landfill). I can highly recommend it!

The Blueland cleaners, however, turned out to be no good. They did not clean well at all and I ended up throwing it all away. I did keep the squirt-bottles (can’t bear to throw away plastic) so now I can use them for other purposes, but I do not recommend this product at all.

I did go ahead and try the HiBar shampoo & conditioner, and I really like it. I’m not very fond of the smell, but honestly that’s not that big of a deal. I like the product, like how my hair looks & feels, and - as long as I store the bars in a dry place when not in use - they last a good, long time.

Another product I wanted to tell you about is the Crystal Body Deodorant. I’ve been using this product for well over 6 years now and am so happy with it. It works very well, although it is weird to wipe a wet rock under your arm each morning. This rock is 100% natural mineral salts with no chemicals, perfumes, dyes or parabens and does not stain clothing. I’m not to thrilled with the fact that it comes with a little plastic dish – but since the rock lasts almost forever (unless you drop it and it shatters – like I did once) at least you’re not buying a new plastic container every 6 months as you would if you still used the more tradition deodorants.


2 comments:

  1. I love shampoo and conditioner bars! They last a CRAZY long time compared to bottled shampoo and conditioner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I use the same laundry detergent sheets and love them...I"m trying to convince all my friends to make the switch. I just tried a shampoo bar and conditioner bar for the first time this weekend. While I loved the shampoo bar I didn't love the conditioner bar...my hair gets a lot of knots from the curls! I will keep trying though - it may just be a learning curve. I am going to try your deodorant, too!

    ReplyDelete