Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Antiques

My maternal grandmother was born in the early 1900s or late 1890s. At the age of 16, her father bought her this figurine for just 25 cents. I don’t know the occasion for the gift, but I do know she treasured it. I somehow ended up with it and it is now proudly displayed in our curio cabinet.


This clock came from the other side of our family, originally from Sweeden/Germany. We have somehow managed to keep the original glass dome, too. It is proudly displayed in our curio cabinet also.



3 comments:

  1. My Aunt Margaret had a clock very similar to that. Her Husband, my Uncle, Otto Bollbuck, his family was from Germany, I suspect that's where it came from. Shame all the things she had were lost. Long sad story there I should tell you about some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family had a clock like that on the mantelpiece. They called it an anniversary clock.

    ReplyDelete