Friday, July 02, 2021

SHARKS!

Since he was there for his conference that weekend, that left me with each day to myself to explore. My brother told me about the Sharks of Mandalay Bay, so of course I had to go there.

This first picture is actually a Selfie Station, designed to allow people a chance to pretend they’re underwater with the Great White Shark. It looks real, doesn’t it? I was by myself, so couldn’t get the selfie to work well enough – so you get just the cage & shark.

The facility is 95,000 sq. ft. and displays numerous species of sharks, rays, fish, reptiles, and marine invertebrates. It features a shark tunnel where you can walk underneath the water with the sharks swimming above you. That tank is huge: 1,300,000 gallons of salt water (third largest tank in North America) full of numerous species of sharks, rays, fish, sea turtles, and marine invertebrates.

They had a Jelly tank – really cool, and so alien looking.

They even had a Komodo Dragon.

And a giant octopus, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment