Friday, July 02, 2021

Flying to Vegas

 Overall, my trip to Las Vegas was a good one – but I have to say the flights sucked.

THE GOOD: they were all on time (a few minor delays) and the luggage made it both there and back along with us. Our schedule was such that we did not have long layovers: just exactly enough time to get to the next gate and stretch our legs for a bit before boarding again.

THE BAD: all four of the flights were booked solid, and that’s just way too many people for my comfort levels. On top of that, the airlines moved Bryan to a whole other section of the plane in order to allow a mother & child to sit together. He and I bought our tickets separately (he used mileage, I did not) so from their point of view he was a single traveler. They “upgraded” him into the business section on row 6 – while I sat way in the back of the plane at row 31.

THE UGLY: We had to wear that damned mask the entire time, from 5:30 in the morning until around 6:30 that evening. I did buy us each brand new ones, so at least we looked good (because that’s important).

No comments:

Post a Comment