Tuesday, December 22, 2020

My New Office

 I finally got my new office space done, and I couldn’t be happier with it!

The desk we bought was from a used furniture store and is actually a dining table. It’s hand-made, and super heavy. Bryan had to replace the braces that hold the legs on, just to make it sturdier. It’s about 4’ wide by 6’ long, giving me plenty of room to spread out with my two monitors and whatnot.

My chair is just a regular chair, nothing special about it except that the seat is extra wide so I can sit cross-legged if I want to. Viktor sleeps in my lap a lot, so I had to consider that when I purchased it. I also got a floor mat for it, but the darned thing is too wimpy, so I ended up moving it over to the craft area.

The cables running from the monitors and keyboard over to the computer were a big jumble of mess, so I had Bryan drill a hole in the table to run the cables down through to the computer on the floor. He bundled them all up and attached them to the bottom of the table so you can’t see them from across the room. It really cleaned the workspace up a lot! I even have a multi-plug strip mounted up there, in case I ever need to plug more things in.

To finish off my workspace, I had him help me hang some pictures up on the wall. On one side, I have my elephant from Africa (really like that photo) and on the other side I have a poster that was made for me by my sister-in-law’s 5th grade class from about 10 years ago (they made it to thank me for reading to them on my lunch hours that year). I even have a cat bed made up with blankets, pillows, and a heating pad at my feet for the kittens to nap on.

The computer itself is running smoothly, although we have had a few speed bumps along the way. I am mostly ready to turn my old computer back into the office but will hang on to it a while longer in case I come across something I haven’t thought of yet. I do need a few more programs loaded onto the new one still, but since they do that all online it’s no big deal.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:23 AM

    That looks great! Beautiful table! I haven’t taught in 14 years, so that poster is even older. - Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice desk!

    ReplyDelete