Monday, November 23, 2020

My New Home Office

I got an email from my Architect last week informing me that there was a new computer with 2 monitors, all still brand new and in their boxes, waiting for me at the office. Was I planning a trip to Anchorage anytime soon? As luck would have it, Bryan had an appointment in town that very next day: so he offered to pick it all up for me.

Once it got home, we set it up temporarily upstairs in order to get all the programs loaded onto it and make sure everything runs properly before taking down my old computer. The IT guy in Oregon worked on all of the new installations remotely. Modern computers are amazing, I have to say. We set up the computer, turned it on, and then just walked away. All weekend long, it chugged away downloading all the programs required without my having to lift a finger! It still needs a few more programs before I can make the big switch, though.

Seeing how big everything was (the monitors are both monster 32” screens!) we decided that the rickety old card table I had been using was neither big enough nor strong enough for the new setup, so Bryan went online and found me a hand-made table that is much bigger. So much bigger, in fact, it does not fit downstairs in my “office” area! But it’s such a beautiful table, I went ahead and bought it and will just relocate myself upstairs.

I sent a quick email off to the main office letting them know the progress we’d made so far, and got a response back telling me to expense the new desk & get a chair, too! So, I went online and found a good deal on a new chair (we just happened to be in time for the Black Friday sales) which Bryan will pick up for me when he gets the new table.

My task this weekend is to rearrange my crafting area to allow room for “my new office” and figure out where Viktor’s heated cat bed will go so that he can be near me while I work. I have an idea in my head of what I want to do: I’ll have to wait until I see the new table to make sure it will actually work.

Stay tuned for more news as it develops!

No comments:

Post a Comment