Sunday, February 16, 2020

The Goldering-Gunde Marine Biology Research Station


The research station where I got to stay for my 7th Earthwatch Expedition was a very nice place. The layout was basically a duplex, with volunteers on one side and Scientists on the other side. There was only one other volunteer (for a total of two, including myself) so we each got our own room.




The scientists were all great people - I enjoyed getting to know each one of them. Adam was the station manager; Cory was his assistant manager; Alison, Tamara, Cara, Juan and Anna were biologists working with the turtles. There was a maid and two gate-guards as well, but I did not catch their names.


The other volunteer was Ute, from Canada. She was a Veterinary doctor who worked on horses back home. She had an unending sense of curiosity and wanted to know about everything. She and I spent a lot of time just chatting about this & that, and even got to spend some time together after the expedition ended.



No comments:

Post a Comment