Sunday, February 16, 2020

Cast of Characters


There’s this thing I do sometimes: when I meet new people, I try to think of famous actors who would play their parts if a movie were to be made of that particular event.

So here’s what I’ve come up with for the scientists I worked with down in Costa Rica:

For Adam, the station manager, it would have to be Stanley Tucci from the series called Fortitude. Not just because both are good looking bald men – but because I think both have the same quiet strength to them. And if you haven’t seen that series: oh my god – it’s totally binge-worthy!

Cory, the assistant station manager, was easy – for him it would definitely be Jeff Bridges from The Big Lebowski. Both are laid back, easy going and fun to be around. Cory might be a little bit taller (he’s 6’-4”) though.

Alison gets to have ScarlettJohansson play her, as seen in We Bought a Zoo. Both are very cute (one might even say they’re sexy) and even though they’re young, both are very passionate about what they do.

SigourneyWeaver, from the first Alien movie, gets to play the part of Tamara. Tamara might be shorter, but I think she embodies the tenacity and passion that Sigourney portrayed in that movie.

And I’m sorry Cara, but for you I just keep coming up with Brittany Spears. She looks like she’s nothing but a piece of fluff in make-up, but when you get passed her good looks you find that she is really pretty darned amazing and very good at what she does.

It took me a little while to come up with an actor for Anna, but I finally found the perfect one: Julianne Moore from The Lost World: Jurassic Park. Anna was pretty quiet at first, but once I got to know her, I found her to be very knowledgeable and passionate about her chosen field.

For Juan, I think I need to apologize again: the actor that comes to mind when I think about him is Martin Short as seen in Father of The Bride. Juan was very talkative, chatting with me all night during our Beach Patrol – and yet, with his heavy accent, I found that I could only understand maybe every other word.

Ute, my fellow Earthwatch volunteer, will be played by Helen Hunt from Mad AboutYou. Helen is very matter-of-fact & to-the-point, and is a very strong self-sufficient woman quite capable of taking care of herself.

Now it’s your turn: who would you pick to play ME?

No comments:

Post a Comment