Saturday, November 30, 2019

The Actual Anniversary


I have to admit something here: I was wrong about the date of last year’s Earthquake. It happened on the 30th of November, not the 11th. I don’t know where I got the idea it happened earlier = just got my numbers mixed up, I guess. That means that TODAY is the anniversary, not a few weeks ago.

I’m pretty bummed about the mistake, actually. I really wanted my earlier post to be a memorial to the event, posted on the actual anniversary of it. Oh well… I do have some cool graphics to share this time, at least. I borrowed them from the papers this morning.

This first one shows all the aftershocks we’ve had since the big one. This doesn't show all the smaller ones, however (of which we've have thousands) - only the bigger ones.


This second one shows a cross section of the area, illustrating the depth of the aftershocks.


And of course, I can’t have a post about the big earthquake without showing what happened to Nash Road, out in Big Lake. This was by far the most dramatic damage done to our road system.



No comments:

Post a Comment