Monday, July 01, 2013

Really Don’t Like This

I've put off writing this in hopes that something would magically occur to make the words unnecessary; but that hasn't happened yet, and isn't likely to happen any time soon – so I’ll just have to bite the bullet and face the facts.  

I can’t go to Thailand next year.

The house needs a new roof and a new driveway, and there’s simply no way I can afford all of that and a trip on top of it all. I’m doing amazingly well financially speaking, but not THAT well.

It’s not that I’m canceling the whole idea entirely, though: I just have to postpone it indefinitely. Someday I’ll get there; I just need to keep saving my money until I get enough saved up again. And I can use the extra time to study up some more on archaeology and history, too!


1 comment:

  1. Oh no, I'm so sorry! I know you were really looking forward to Thailand next year--but it's good you're not canceling it entirely. Once you do get to go, it'll be that much better.

    ReplyDelete