Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Reading Lots of Books

I’m still waiting for the plane… weather is good, at least. I’m going out soon for a walk about town: need to talk to the post office to try and get an address for the cannery, and to see if anybody knows anything about Pauloff Harbor for the Census Bureau. They just want confirmation that nobody actually lives there. I’ll also head back out to the old Peter Pan compound to take some more pictures.

It’s quiet otherwise. I have no TV or radio (I miss music!) so have been reading a lot. I brought several books with me on my Kindle, but have read them all. I’m now re-reading one (Fragment, by Warren Fahey). I bought several from Amazon.com, but wispernet doesn’t work here so will have to wait till I’m home to load them onto my Kindle.

Books read while working in False Pass
     The Elephant Keeper, by Chris Nicholson
     Agincourt, by Bernard Cornwell
     The Apothecary’s Daughter, by Julie Klassen
     Practical Magic, by Alice Hoffman
     Mirage, by Nina Burleigh

Books waiting to be loaded onto Kindle
     The People of the Mist, by Henry Rider Haggard
     Beauty, by Sherri S. Tepper
     The List, by J.A. Konrath
     The Sleep of the Gods, by James Sperl
     Beneath, by Jeremy Robinson
     Supervirus, by Andrew Mitchell
     Containment, by Christian Cantrell

No comments:

Post a Comment