Thursday, January 07, 2010

A Very Good Day

I know the week isn’t even halfway through yet, and I’ll probably jinx it by saying this – but I’ve had a really good week so far!

On Monday, I spent 7 hours working on my Earthwatch program. I’m really happy with how it turned out, although I did have to borrow a few pictures from my fellow volunteers. Their cameras were able to get much better shots of the animals than mine did.

That afternoon, I got a phone call from a girl who’d seen my ad on Craig’s List for the room I have to rent. She came over right away to take a look at it, and liked it!

As she was leaving, I said “I’m sure you’ll want to think about it for a while, but please let me know as soon as you can what you decide – I’ll take down the add if you want the room.” She replied, “Well, depending on what my references say – of course – but if you’ll let me, I definitely want to live here. You’re the most normal person I’ve met, so far!”

As her references all came back with glowing recommendations, I now have a new roommate! Finally!!! Her name is Elizabeth and she moves in on the 1st of February. This gives me plenty of time to clean the place up and get it ready for her.

Tuesday was another good day; I finally got the write-up for my Costa Rica Expedition done and sent off to my brother to be put on my website. I took the diary I had kept and translated it into a Word document, word for word exactly as I had written it out in the field. Then I went thru and fixed the grammar and spelling issues, and then went thru one more time to make sure it read properly and didn’t have any holes in it. After that I went thru all the pictures I had and picked out the best ones – not that they’re all that good. It was my first time with a digital camera, and it was continually wet as well. But, all in all, I am happy with the results – and will let you know when it’s up and running.

In the meantime – have you checked out my website?
     http://nopeople.com/Ruth/

I have the travelogues for Africa, Mongolia, and Nova Scotia up now, and of course will soon have Costa Rica. My next goal is to get London written and up.

On Wednesday, I went out to the zoo to do a test run on my Africa presentation. Lisa & Mary, in the education department, both agreed to be my guinea pigs and to give me feedback. We set up downstairs in the classroom, with the pull-down screen and everything, so I could get a feel for how it will be when I present it officially. Both Mary and Lisa liked it, so I think I’m good to go now.

When I got home, I had a message on my answering machine from a company I had applied to: they wanted to talk to me about a job interview! I’m meeting them today (Thursday) in about half an hour. Wouldn’t that be something: to get a job finally?

Cross your fingers for me, please!

1 comment:

  1. YOu've been busy..
    Hope all goes well for you.
    Good luck with interview!

    ReplyDelete