Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ticket Price Check

I just checked on the price of a ticket from Anchorage, Alaska to Nairobi, Kenya: it is currently sitting at about $2,228.00 (including taxes). I bought my ticket back in January and only paid $1,763.00

That’s a savings of $465.00 – quite a good deal, I’m thinking!

My flights will take me from Anchorage to Seattle on Alaska Airlines, and then from Seattle to London on British Airways. In London I get a 20-hour layover: part of that is over night, but I will at least get to spend the evening in town. My friend Anne has given me some advice on a walking tour to see as much as I can while I’m there. I will take off again the next morning from London to Nairobi on British Airways.

My return trip is basically just the reverse, except the layover in London is just 9 hours. That’s not really enough time to get out and see much, so I plan to just stay at the airport. I’m told it’s like a huge shopping mall anyway, so I will be able to keep myself amused, I’m sure.

Maybe I can get some good Tea while I’m there!

4 comments:

  1. Diane Peterman10:34 AM

    Take a lot of pictures while you are there so your friends can enjoy your adventures vicariously. You are a great "tour guide!" Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, so exciting!
    You might be too tired to do the tour. Do you get jetleg?
    I remember plenty of tea from visit to London..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:28 PM

    Best place to buy tea is Whittard of Chelsea: dark blue sign w/ white lettering. It’s a chain and is everywhere.

    My personal favourite – Earl Grey

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try the champagne bar in St Pancras Station if you have time. The station was revamped a few years ago and it now has the world's longest champagne bar running along side the upper tracks for the Eurostar. It's a romantic spot even without a partner, although it can be cold.

    ReplyDelete