Monday, June 06, 2022

Another MRI

Yup, I had to have another one recently. I really do not enjoy them. But at least this time it was on my liver and not my brain. Slightly better, in that I could at least move my head around.

I am a tad bit claustrophobic – not like full-on panic mode, but enough that I have to psych myself up each time. This time, the techs working with me were kind enough to demonstrate that my head would be quite close to the opening in back, and that if I turned my head rather sharply to the side and looked up, I could see the opening the entire time. That helped immensely.

I was also able to listen to the music again, and this time I chose to listen to OLD country rather than NEW country so at least I knew the songs playing and could follow along with them, even though I could barely hear them. MRIs are incredibly loud, plus this time – since the liver is located just under the lungs – they kept breaking into the music to tell me to hold my breath please… okay, breath now… hold your breath again please… okay resume breathing… etc…etc.

And of course, they had difficulties finding a vein for the IV again. They tried the right arm first then the left arm, going back and forth until they finally got one. I now have a tiny little bruise on my arm (but hey, it matches my toe at least!).

The truly amazing part of all these MRIs and Ultrasounds and blood work being done is that all the results are online. I can actually see the pictures of my brain if I want to – which, of course, I do. Next on my list of things to do today is to log on and take a look at my liver.

The other amazing thing is that the results are available within 24 hours. My doctor knows the very next day and calls me to discuss things as soon as she can. Which means that I already know this particular MRI was negative. They did not find what they thought they would find. Which means that they STILL don’t know what’s wrong with me.

But at least they know what’s not wrong with me – right?

No comments:

Post a Comment