Monday, May 18, 2020

My Irish Sweater


Bryan took his mother to Ireland a couple years ago, kind of a Mother-Son Fling. She had been there several times herself, and wanted to show him all her favorite places. He asked me what I might want him to get me while he was there, so I of course told him to get me an Irish Fisherman’s Sweater.

So he ended up finding this little shop in Northern Ireland called Lucy’s Loom, full of all kinds of hand knitted items and yarns of all colors & fibers. He hesitated on picking one out for me, however, for fear of getting one that didn’t fit. The proprietor suggested that he go home, have somebody take proper measurements, and then email them to her so she could make a custom sweater for me.

“Really? You’d do that?!? How much would THAT cost?” he exclaimed.

Turns out, it wouldn’t cost any more than the other garments in the shop – so that’s exactly what he did. He came home, told me all about it, and had Mother take the required measurements. Then he emailed them to the owner of the shop and she got to work making two sweaters (one for me and a matching one for him, of course).


Less than a month later, Bryan got his in the mail – but mine never arrived. He emailed the shop again, and the lady said “Well, I’ll just make another one and pop it in the mail right away!”


So she did – she made another (at no extra charge, either) and popped it right in the mail. Not three weeks later, I finally got my Real, Honest To God, Irish Fisherman’s Wool Sweater!


I love it…


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:37 AM

    And it looks AMAZING on you too ;-)
    ~ Bryan ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a great story! I might like a sweater like that! Mind if I ask how much it cost? Is Bryan allowed to tell me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete