Monday, January 13, 2020

The Countdown is On!


Just 13 days left before my trip and I’m super excited!

There’s a lot still to be done, however:
Finish gathering up all my gear
Make sure I have everything I need
Go shopping for the items I’m lacking
Try on all the clothing to make sure it all fits
Make sure it all fits in my one suitcase
Get paperwork organized
Make sure Bryan & Mother each have a copy of my paperwork
Organize the donations received and make a list

Right now I have a pile of stuff upstairs in the storage room. Each night, when I think of something new, I run it upstairs right then so I don’t forget. When it comes closer in to time to actually go, then I’ll worry about packing.

Two of my coworkers have said they would donate items to the research station. One has already given me $200.00 to go purchase what they need, so I sent an email to Earthwatch to make sure I get the right things. I believe the second guy is going to give me items he already has and doesn’t need any more. And I’ll probably purchase a few things myself to add to the pile, like (or course) chocolate!

I’ll probably end up with my suitcase and a box to check, and a tote bag & my daypack as carry-on. Unless I can fit my daypack in my suitcase – that would be better.


No comments:

Post a Comment