Friday, November 14, 2014

My Week in Seattle/Bellevue

I was in the process of creating this big long post about my Seattle vacation the other day when it dawned on me that you probably aren't that interested in what I had for dinner each day or how long we had to stand in line at the car rental place. What you really want to know about is just the highlights: what we did and where we went.

So, in a nutshell = here’s the condensed version of my Vacation.

We went to the Seattle Science Center under the Space Needle where we leisurely browsed the Tropical Butterfly House, the Children’s Insect Village and the Chihuly Garden & Glass exhibit.

We went down to the docks to shop at Pike’s Market and take a ride on their new ferris wheel, called the Seattle Great Wheel, which stands 175 feet tall and extends out over the pier by at least 40 feet.

We did some shopping at several stores that are not in Alaska: namely, Victoria’s Secret, Bath & Body Works, Lush, and See’s Candy.

We even took a short hike in the Bellevue Botanical Gardens where we got to traverse a 150’ long suspension bridge!

My main reason for going on the trip in the first place was to attend the Creating Keepsakes Scrapbooking Conference in Bellevue, and boy oh boy did I have fun! 2 whole days of back-to-back classes from 8:00 in the morning till 6:30 in the evening! I learned so many cool new techniques to use on my cards: my next post will give you more detail.

Unfortunately, I ended up getting sick the very day I got there – so that by the time the conference started I was in full-blown-cold mode, heavily medicated just to get through the day in a vertical state.


I had a good time, regardless - but would have preferred to be healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment