Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Continuing Down the Healing Path on My Own


I am very happy to announce that I no longer have to go to physical therapy!

It’s been a long and rather painful journey, but thanks to Carol, Marlene, Bill, Korey, and Kaz (my physical therapists at Alaska Health Quest) I am healed enough to be turned loose on my own!

Yay!

On a brief side note here, I have to say that Premera Blue Cross has been just wonderful throughout this whole ordeal. They have paid exactly what they said they would, with no muss or fuss at all.

The final numbers are:
            Total price for the neck: $99,224.64
            Total price for the shoulder: $32,252.32
            Total price for physical therapy: $ $5,550.00
            Grand Total Billed to Insurance: $137,026.96
            My final cost: $12,732.76

Now that I’m on my own, I do still have exercises that I’m supposed to do – I’m not completely out of the water! But my sister-in-law gave me one of those big blue exercise balls, so I’m good to go.

I have also signed up for Tai Chi lessons at Spirit Path Yoga: I’m pretty excited about that. My first class is tonight: we’ll see how it goes. I also plan on taking their stretching class on Sunday morning. I figure between those two classes and my exercises at home, I should be back to 100% in no time.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:27 AM

    Cograts Ruth!!!! Wow it has been 5 months of PT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah8:24 AM

    Woohoo, congratulations!! Would love to hear how the Tai Chi and stretching classes go as well!

    ReplyDelete