Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Shopping Spree

I got to go on a shopping spree this weekend with my niece Katy. We had fun!

I had a $150.00 Debit Card given to me as a thank you for participating in a health screening program my insurance was promoting. They assured me I could spend it however I wanted to, so I went on-line and found a 20% off coupon for one item at Bed Bath & Beyond and decided that I needed new bed linens.

Katy came along to help ensure that I actually purchase what I intended to. I am not a shopper. If I had gone on my own, I probably would have walked in the door – taken a look around at all the people in there – and turned a 180 to head right back to my car. Thankfully, Katy is a great shopper and expertly encouraged me to find the perfect set. And I must say – we did good.

Here’s what I ended up with:
     A bed set for $119.99
          comforter, bedskirt, 2 pillow shams, 3 accent pillows
     A sheet set for $45.99
          top sheet, fitted sheet, 2 pillow cases
     A blanket for $22.99
         
All of that totals $188.97 but with my debit card and coupon I only paid $14.97 out of pocket.

Not to shabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment