Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Breakfast with the Stars

Sounds like a new reality show for television, doesn’t it. But no, it’s not a make-believe situation staged for our viewing pleasure – this really is for real, and actually happened. I know, because it happened to me this weekend!

There we were, innocently eating our breakfast at a local diner, when who should walk in the door and sit down right beside me at the bar?

Hobo Jim, that’s who!

Oh, be still my beating heart.

Sigh…

No, really. I do love Hobo Jim. My whole family has been known to follow him around from city to city just to listen to him sing. He plays a mean guitar, let me tell you. And as an added bonus: he wears a very fine pair of cowboy boots.

Those of you who know me well, know that I have a definite soft spot for cowboy boots.

We got to talking and I happened to mention to him that we’d followed him around in the past.

“So, you’re a stalker, then?” he asked.

“Yes!” I grinned and said.

Nonetheless, he went back out to his truck and got me a copy of his newest CD! How cool is that?

Rob’s favorite song: Fishing for Chickens

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:48 AM

    Oh wow that is great! I haven't thought about him in a long time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:07 AM

    Remember when we had walked 11 miles on the Hope Gull Rock Trail, came into town and found out he was playing, we were instantly ready to party. That was when he spoke perfect Japanese to some tourists. Took my zima bottle and made a Hawaiian Guitar out of his, played beautiful with the bottle run up and down the strings.
    ~Mother

    ReplyDelete