Thursday, October 17, 2024

Zucchini Zoodles with Shrimp

Bryan made one of my favorite meals for me last night: Zucchini Zoodles with Shrimp and Capers! I love it, and if you follow the Weight Watchers plan, its only about 1 point per serving! Or at least it was about 6 years ago. Their plan changes periodically, so I really can’t keep up with them. Regardless, it’s a very tasty and healthy meal.

I splurged several years ago and got myself a spiralizer. One of the best purchases EVER! I highly recommend getting one – but I don’t recommend getting the one I got. It’s very weak and can pretty much only do zucchini and nothing else. I’d like to try potatoes and/or broccoli one day but will have to wait until we get a sturdier brand.

For the meal, we spiralized 3 medium zucchini and sautéed them in lemon juice with the capers until just done. You want them to be firm but cooked.


While that was cooking, we mixed a bit of olive oil with a generous helping of minced garlic, and then added the shrimp. There was a special at the store on shrimp, so he bought way more than we really needed – but now I have shrimp to nibble on for my lunch today! Pop it in the air fryer till it’s done (I like my shrimp cooked a bit more than he does).


Add the shrimp to the zucchini mixture and mix it all together. Serve in a bowl and eat it while it’s hot!




No comments:

Post a Comment