Tuesday, October 08, 2024

Wait... What?!?

Way back on Saturday, June 8th, I took Mother to the Colony Days Parade in downtown Palmer. We set up at her favorite spot right in front of Noel’s Salon (which actually is no longer Noel’s Salon as she sold it a few months ago) with a couple chairs and a lap rug to keep her warm. People came over to chat with her while I went and got her a cup of coffee from the cafĂ© nearby.

Once the parade started, she sat and enjoyed watching all the people go by. It was a good one this year, too, with lots of entrants ranging from horses and dogs to antique cars and marching bands.

One car in particular caught her eye as it was just covered in hundreds of bumper stickers of all kinds. One of which was a Bigfoot sticker that had the silhouette on it. 

She watched it drive past, then turned to me and said, “They really do walk like that, you know.”

I looked at her and said, “What?”

“With their hand turned backwards. They really do walk that way.”

“What??!!??”

“We had one when I was a kid. The men would leave food for it, and it would come take it. It must have had a family, but I never saw them.”

“WHAT???!!!???”

But then the horses came by, and she was off on another subject. I never did get anymore information out of her.

Strangest story yet…



1 comment:

  1. Scrappy Heather8:03 AM

    What?? I have a coworker whose husband swears they are real!

    ReplyDelete