Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Blueberry Cordial

He made a Blueberry Cordial the other day, using the berries that he picked out in Nelchina on our Weekend Get-Away a few weekends ago. This time, using PatrĂ³n Tequila. I am not a fan of tequila. Those of you who say there is no taste to tequila are just wrong. I can definitely tell when it’s in a drink, and I do not like it.

But – he did pick the berries himself, so I figured he deserved to make the cordial his way. It was not an easy task to pick them as there were perhaps one or two berries per bush, so he had to really work at it for a several hours just to get what he got. Which, sadly, was not enough for the type of cordial that I like.


This time, he did not use our fancy juicer; he just stuffed all the berries into a big jar and then poured the tequila on top. He’s letting it set in our pantry for a couple months to really soak in all the blueberry goodness. I’ll give it a try when it’s done, just to see – but honestly, I’m not expecting much. He’ll be happy, and that’s all that matters.




No comments:

Post a Comment